To obtain a powered paragliding license the following is required:
- Basic License (see Basic Licence course);
- A Powered Paragliding Conversion course;
- A Restricted Aircraft Radio License (a course can be done with any flying school – example at George airport, for approx. R1100).
The PPG conversion course fee of R7 900 includes:
- Familiarisation with your paramotor;
- Running in of your new paramotor;
- Hang-check and simulation;
- Ground-handling with the paramotor (half a day maximum);
- A minimum of ten powered flights (including one cross country, and one remote out landing and re-launch);
- Theory of powered paragliding flight (several lectures);
- An open-book theoretical test (write this at home at your own leisure);
- Marking of the theory test; and
- Revisiting/discussion the questions you got wrong, to ensure you have a thorough understanding of these aspects.
- NB: You will need your own paramotor and wing for your conversion course.