Location. Location. Location! Our home enjoys a wonderful uninterrupted view of the Wilderness National Park Wetlands and is within easy walking distance of the beautiful Wilderness beach. The village of Wilderness lies just four kilometres to the west.
- 600m from the Wilderness Beach Hotel.
- 800m from the beach.
- 50m from the Kingfisher trail.
- 500m from the N2 national road
- 600m from the inter-city coach stops.
Cloudbase Bed & Breakfast
We offer our fellow free-flyers and students accommodation in our home on an informal Bed & Breakfast basis. We can comfortably accommodate fifteen people across six rooms.
The Cumulus Room has three single beds (or one double and a single) and can be used by couples or singles. It has an en-suite bathroom and there is shared access to the large upstairs deck.
The Nimbus Room has three single beds (or one double and a single) and can be used by couples or singles. It has an en-suite bathroom and there is shared access to the large upstairs deck.
The Cirrus Room has three single beds, and wardrobe space for each person. It opens out onto a shared deck with views of the neighbouring park. It is ideal for friends traveling together or couples.
The Stratus Room is a double room, with large wardrobe space and is ideal for couples. It opens onto the shared deck with views of the neighbouring park.
The Lenticular Room contains two single beds, and also opens onto the shared deck with views of the neighbouring park. Ideal for friends.
- R490 per person per night sharing.
- R690 for a single.
- Students on Cloudbase Paragliding courses receive a 5% discount on B&B rates.
- There are a number of good restaurants in Wilderness and we’re happy to recommend some of our favourites.
- On Wednesday’s guests are welcome to join us for an informal dinner at R190 per person for a two course meal. Khobi-Jane used to run a restaurant in the Caribbean and is happy to take meal requests.
- In keeping with South African tradition every Saturday night is braai night (also R190 per person) and the spread is legendary.
- Each year we throw a Christmas Day party
- The house has five bedroom, two of which are en-suite.
- Cirrus, Stratus and Lenticular share two bathrooms, each containing hand basin, shower and toilet.
- All bed linen, pillows, duvets and towels are supplied.
- The downstairs lounge has Netflix, video and DVD machines, a hi-fi and a variety of books and magazines. There is also a comprehensive video and DVD collection.
- Breakfast consists of fresh home baked bread, cereals, eggs, fruit, yoghurt and honey from our own hives. Normal teas, coffee and fruit juices are included.
- A weather briefing and the recommended sites for the day (and any other relevant information) is given each day at breakfast.
- Packed lunches are available on request.
- An honesty bar (beer, ciders and wine).
- Free wifi.
The Getaway (self-catering)
The Getaway is a lovely 56m2 one-bedroom apartment with a bathroom and an open plan living, dining and kitchen area. It sleeps a maximum of two people and is situated at the top of our property, offering lovely views over the Serpentine river and National Park.
- R750 per night, up to two persons (outside of season)
- R1 200 per night, up to two persons (from 15 Dec – 30 January)
- The apartment is fully furnished and linen is provided.
- The kitchen is well equipped with a gas stove, fridge/freezer, micro wave and kitchen utensils.
- The bathroom has a lavatory, sink, bath and shower.
- The deck has a coffee table with two double seater sofas, and a four seater dining table and a large weber braai.
- For reviews check on Air BnB at ‘The Getaway’.